About the Town of Wood RiverFormed in 1906
Burnett County was created on January 1, 1865. When created, the entire county was encompassed by one single town, the Town of Grantsburg. By 1875, the county was partitioned into three towns: Grantsburg, Wood Lake, and Trade Lake. In 1906 the Town of Wood River was split off from the Town of Wood Lake, which the remainder was renamed Daniels in 1907.